This is a strong stance for front and rear, both in attack and defense.
The dimensions of the stance are:
- length: 1.5 shoulder widths from big toe to big toe, and
- width: 1 shoulder width apart from the centre of each instep
- keep the toes of the front foot pointing forward, and
- the opposite foot 25° outward
- bend the front leg until the kneecap forms a vertical line with the heel
- the rear leg should be completely straight, and
- the body should be vertical.
- tense the muscles of the feet with the feeling of pulling them toward each other
- body weight is even on both feet (50% – 50%)
When the right leg is bent, the stance is called a right walking stance and vice-versa. It can be either full facing or half facing both in attack and defense.
The ready posture for this stance is: Walking Ready Stance ( gunnun junbi sogi)
The YouTube video from GM Donato Nardizzi can be viewed here
Patterns (tul) that use this stance:
All of them except Po Eun and the fundamental exercise Saju Tulgi